Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G650 IP Connect 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

G3rtech

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
US
We recently cut our S8700 with MCC’s over to the G650 platform IP-Connect. We are having trouble with inbound calls when transferred to another station on my switch. The transfer itself works but the inbound caller doesn’t hear ring back nor receive a talk path when the person answers. If the person doesn’t answer then it goes to voice mail there again no ring back and they can’t hear Modular Messaging pick up. AVAYA Tier 3 so far is stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Station to station transfer works ok.
S8700 CM3.1.1
Two way trunk group – PRIs
IPSI FW 40
MEDPRO FW 33
6 Port Networks

Probably not much help here but any alarms/errors? How are your network regions setup betweent he 6 port netowrks and how many do you have?

Do you have IP phones or digital?

No S8700 server/CM errors or alarms. No errors in the ethernet switches either. Very strange.

I have one network region.

change ip-network-region 1 Page 1 of 19
IP NETWORK REGION
Region: 1
Name:
MEDIA PARAMETERS Intra-region IP-IP Direct Audio: yes
Codec Set: 1 Inter-region IP-IP Direct Audio: yes
UDP Port Min: 2048 IP Audio Hairpinning? y
UDP Port Max: 65535
DIFFSERV/TOS PARAMETERS RTCP Reporting Enabled? y
Call Control PHB Value: 34 RTCP MONITOR SERVER PARAMETERS
Audio PHB Value: 46 Use Default Server Parameters? n
Video PHB Value: 26 Server IP Address: 192.168.1 .40
802.1P/Q PARAMETERS Server Port: 5005
Call Control 802.1p Priority: 7 RTCP Report Period(secs): 15
Audio 802.1p Priority: 6
Video 802.1p Priority: 5 AUDIO RESOURCE RESERVATION PARAMETERS
H.323 IP ENDPOINTS RSVP Enabled? n
H.323 Link Bounce Recovery? y
Idle Traffic Interval (sec): 20
Keep-Alive Interval (sec): 5
Keep-Alive Count: 5
IP NETWORK REGION

INTER-GATEWAY ALTERNATE ROUTING
Incoming LDN Extension:
Conversion To Full Public Number - Delete: Insert:
Maximum Number of Trunks to Use:

BACKUP SERVERS IN PRIORITY ORDER SECURITY PROCEDURES
1 1 challenge
2 2
3 3
4 4
6 Inter Network Region Connection Management

src dst codec direct Dynamic CAC
rgn rgn set WAN WAN-BW-limits Intervening-regions Gateway IGAR
1 1 1
1 2 2 y :NoLimit n
1 3 1 y :NoLimit n
1 4 4 y :NoLimit n
1 5 1 y :NoLimit n
1 6 1 y :NoLimit n
1 7 1 y :NoLimit n
1 8 5 y :NoLimit n
1 9 1 y :NoLimit n
1 10
1 11
1 12
1 13
1 14 2 y 4:Calls n
1 15 2 y :NoLimit n

I have digital, analog and IP phones. They all react the same.

What version on CM are you runnnig?

I see some RTCP values but don't beleive that would cause these issues.

Region: 1
Name: Main
MEDIA PARAMETERS Intra-region IP-IP Direct Audio: yes
Codec Set: 1 Inter-region IP-IP Direct Audio: yes
UDP Port Min: 2048 IP Audio Hairpinning? y
UDP Port Max: 3028
DIFFSERV/TOS PARAMETERS RTCP Reporting Enabled? y
Call Control PHB Value: 46 RTCP MONITOR SERVER PARAMETERS
Audio PHB Value: 46 Use Default Server Parameters? y
Video PHB Value: 26
802.1P/Q PARAMETERS
Call Control 802.1p Priority: 6
Audio 802.1p Priority: 6
Video 802.1p Priority: 5 AUDIO RESOURCE RESERVATION PARAMETERS
H.323 IP ENDPOINTS RSVP Enabled? n
H.323 Link Bounce Recovery? y
Idle Traffic Interval (sec): 20
Keep-Alive Interval (sec): 5
Keep-Alive Count: 5
INTER-GATEWAY ALTERNATE ROUTING
Incoming LDN Extension:
Conversion To Full Public Number - Delete: Insert:
Maximum Number of Trunks to Use:

LSP NAMES IN PRIORITY ORDER SECURITY PROCEDURES
1 1 challenge
2 2
3 3
4 4

Inter Network Region Connection Management

src dst codec direct Dynamic CAC
rgn rgn set WAN WAN-BW-limits Intervening-regions Gateway IGAR
1 1 1
1 2 2 y :NoLimit n
1 3
1 4
1 5
1 6
1 7
1 8
1 9
1 10
1 11
1 12
1 13
1 14
1 15

Sorry just seen it in you original post.

I have 3.0.1 so let me look at a few things.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE ON 3.1.1. UPGRADE TO 3.1.4. ALSO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE ON YOUR CIRCUIT PACKS.

Just a question,
Are you connecting through Cisco switches?

If you are, try something else for a test. Only happened once to us and no one can tell us why.

Yes all of our MEDPROs and CLANs are connected to a CISCO 2960.

Not to steal this thread, but what is up with Cisco ethernet switches? I have all of my phone equipment connected to Cisco...

Technician101 can you enlighten us????

gblucas

Finally have an update. Sofar it looks like my PBX wasn't configured correctly when my Modular Messaging was installed by AVAYA. I compared my translations to the CONFIGURATION NOTE 88003 that AVAYA provided me this morning as found several errors. Im waiting to see when AVAYA will make the changes and perform test calls. Will update soon.

Update! AVAYA made the configuration changes as per the document. The trouble was still there. After several hours of testing this morning we desided to turn off music on hold for inbound trunk transfered calls. That was the fix. So now Tier 3 is working on a fix. I would assume some sort of patch of fw upgrade. Ill update with their fix when i know something.

Issue resolved. We upgraded CM to R013x.01.4.642.1 on the S8700s and the S8720s with the superpatch.

As I previously stated. UPGRADE TO 3.1.4 wth update 14881.

Issue with Cisco switches is that they are Cisco and Cisco doesn't care about any other vendor's equipment (talk about stifling innovation) On the newer switches with 10/100/1000 ports Cisco is using a SGMII chipset that apparently will not look for the start frame delimeter in the ethernet frame. Either it gets all 8 Bytes or you get CRC and short Frame errors. This appears only to effect the Avaya G700. You should not have a problem with CLAN/MEDPRO resources. I have had an issue at one site with the S87xx Customer ethernet connection but does not appear to be related.

Cisco's party line is that they follow the 802.3 specification so if you send the full 8 bytes of the preamble/SFD everything is fine. Of course since we haven't been on CSMA/CD hubs for years this is just extra overhead. Up until the new generation of SGMII chips all the vendors (including Cisco) were able to take a 802.11 (short frame). I guess it would be like buying a new car and finding out you have manual steering. Doesn't matter that everyone has been using automatic steering. "It meets the spec". Intel Pro 100 adapters actually have a patch which lets you force long headers.

NOTE: You won't find this error with most software based data analysis tools since they will only look at the frame after the header. You need to look at it with a tool that goes down a little deeper.

On some of the Cisco switches you can find a combination of RGMII and SGMII chips. In this case the G700 will connect fine on the RGMII ports (I think it's 1/2/5/6/9/10 etc but it may be the opposite. The chips run pairs of ports). When all else fails go buy just about any small unmanaged data switch and stick it in between the G700 and the Cisco SGMII port.

For CLAN/MEDPRO/SERVERS recommend you lock the ports in at 100/FULL with port fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back