Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G5 and Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpdrve

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2002
US
Has anyone had any experience using the Dell Truemobile 1180 USB wireless device with a Mac? I've been unable to find anything on the web where there might be drivers available ... contacting Dell is futile!

The G5 I want to use this with is only a loaner for a specific project and does not have the Airport card installed ...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards - <M>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.]
----------------------------------------------------------------

I would not reccommend using any wireless card other than an airport card in a G5 PowerMac. That will void out your warranty. A while back I used a Dell TrueMobile 1150 PCMCIA card with a Powerbook 1400 and it required a certain driver but it was able to work.

After 2 months, I guess you've got a workaround.

However, if you want a cheap Mac-compatible USB wireless device, get a D-Link DWL-122. It works fine with my G4 iMac, except it's not hot-swappable (causes a crash on removing/sleeping) and I doubt there will be intel drivers.

soi la, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back