Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G450 Virtual VAL Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnoob

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2012
US
Love the G450, too bad my company doesn't

I'm trying to backup the announcement files on one of our collocated G450s at a site that is roughly 4 hours away with VAM however I am FAILING on EVERY attempt - both ftp download or upload. Can SCP fine. However have over 200 files on the VAL and would like to mass upload/use a GUI to back them all up.

I get a FTP refusal day in day out. Haven't tried an FTP server yet.

If I were to disable the "v9" virtual val on the media-gateway at night, will I lose all the announcements? What is the best way to gain access to them without manually typing each announcement file name?

Thanks in advance.

Use WinSCP, pretty much works like a graphical FTP client but uses SCP.
And it's more secure..

Are you using windows 7?

I had to add a rule to the Windows firewall to allow inbound FTP (it seems the firewall isn't stateful)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I apologize for not clarifying in the initial post.

I only come across this issue with ONE G450. The other three work with no issues and the one in question works with SCP flawlessly. I just want to see if there is a way to dump ALL the announcement files at once rather than typing each name of the announcement at a time.

I also think that we should restart the virtual val by disabling and enabling it. Will it remove the actual files though?

Thanks.

I had a similar issue and logged a ticket with our vendor. The VAM just simply stopped being about to do backups from the virtual announcement boards in our G450s and G430s. I get an error "The ftp 'dir' header has changes or is corrupted during ftp transport." on every one of them. Their answer was that the VAM is no longer supported on CM 6.x and that I should use the Announcement manager built into the ASA, which seems to work fine for backing up the whole of the announcements, although it has shortcomings in other areas.

Wow Avaya....

Funny thing is I'm not even on 6.x, still 5.2.1

It's also only ONE of the G450s we are utilizing...

I am on a 6.3 system using VAM 5.2.1 and it works great, no issues at all with it.
You can dissable and reenable the announcment board on the G450 without losing files. Atleast I have never lost them. But I do keep a backup of them all.

The WinSCP suggestion is a good one, and you can select all of the files and copy them with one keystroke... no typing names.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Thanks Tolson for that answer.

I would love to have a more RECENT backup of the announcements first too.

Is there one command to transfer ALL files from the G450 to a FTP or SCP server? Avaya documentation only exemplifies each file individually.

Thanks.

I use WinSCP regularly for ftp/scp/sftp and it works good for doing entire directories. Never used it for announcements though. I always use the VAM.

WinSCP is awesome, but never used it to connect to the G450 until now.

Can use it to connect to other G450s via FTP, but with SCP, doesn't work.

With the G450 in question, I am using the user/pass combo that works flawlessly for SSH with Putty, but with SCP, it's a no-go with SCP or SFTP.

In WinSCP with a default Shell, I get a timeout. When changing to BASH, authentication fails.

I tried enabling the filexfer for the G450 in question, and received a "Failed to create username/password on filesystem" error

Looks like we might be in trouble....

I just really want to back up the announcements....lol

AAACM does this to all gateways but you need to pay for it first, but if you do have it it could be a feature your not aware of.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back