Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G450 Services port lit up, but not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITHawkDriver

Technical User
Aug 4, 2021
US
Good day. I NVRAM Init a G450 that was working previously and now, the services port doesn't respond. I'm able to log into another known good gateway, so I know it's not my machine. Gateway original firmware 41.9.0. before the init, it was at 43.9.0, I think, and now the services port isn't responding to pings or ssh via putty. Is this thing dead or is there a way to get into an initialized gateway without an Avaya console cable or responding services port?

Also, no S8300, it's a branch gateway. I'm just trying to get to the CLI of the gateway.

If you can switch an another firmware, there was some issues in recent firmware (39/40… I think/guess) that had issues with turning ports on. I think spanning tree or something flaps/goes wild. They fixed it pretty quick. The symptoms would be a services port that doesn’t always come up.

The reset, asb did the trick. Thank you. I think all my G450 firmware is bad. I'll go reload it and try again. Thanks all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back