Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3siV11 Route pattern 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonysprout

Vendor
Apr 7, 2003
GB
Installed T1 recently, cannot get local calls to work on T1. Just get ATT intercept. ATT says they require 10 digit dialing. Customer only dials 7 digits. Doesn't work if I program area code in Inserted Digits; doesn't work if I leave inserted digits blank. Local analog lines are in trunk group 1 and calls work fine when routed there. I'm thinking it's ATT's problem. Any help appreciated.

ARS DIGIT ANALYSIS REPORT

Dialed Total Route Call Node
String Min Max Pattern Type Number

1xxx976 11 11 deny fnpa
2 7 7 11 hnpa
3 7 7 11 hnpa
4 7 7 11 hnpa
411 3 3 9 svcl
5 7 7 11 hnpa
555 7 7 9 hnpa
6 7 7 11 hnpa
611 3 3 deny svcl
7 7 7 11 hnpa
8 7 7 11 hnpa
811 3 3 deny svcl

Pattern Number: 11

Grp FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Inserted DCS/ IXC
No Mrk Lmt List Del Digits QSIG
Dgts Intw
1: 2 2 n user
2: n user
3: n user
4: n user
5: n user
6: n user

BCC VALUE TSC CA-TSC ITC BCIE Service/Feature BAND No. Numbering LAR
0 1 2 3 4 W Request Dgts Format
Subaddress
1: y y y y y n n rest none
2: y y y y y n n rest none
3: y y y y y n n rest none
4: y y y y y n n rest none
5: y y y y y n n rest none
6: y y y y y n n rest none

You can try either marking the calls as 'fnpa' in the ARS Analysis table or assigning NPA '200' in the Route Pattern. In the Route Pattern the Prefix Mark should be '4' for AT&T (never send a '1'). Put a trace up on a test station and place a call (list trace station xxxx). It will show you the digits dialed and the digits sent to the carrier.

Kevin

My switch requires min of 9 digits for fnpa, so in Route Pattern 11 I tried putting 200 in NPA, 4 for prefix mark and 502 in digits inserted. Outpulse digits in list trace show correct dial string, so must be ATT. I put in a call to the company that manages the T1. Thanks for your help, 4merAvaya.

The solution is to program the ars digit-conversion table ("change ars digit-conversion 0" and start from there). Our area code is 309 and we require 10 digit dialing for our AT&T trunk. In the ars digit-conversion, for example, "Matching Pattern 68, Location all, Min 7, Max 7, Del 0, Replacement 1309, Net ars, Conv n". That adds 1309 to any 7-digit number starting with 68. I have it broken down by 2-digit prefix beginnings, but you can either be more or less granular. You can also re-route DIDs inside to automatically convert to extensions that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back