Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3SI V6.1 to V9 upgrade cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustinn3

MIS
Oct 31, 2001
US
We are currently running a definity G3SI switch with version 6.1. I'd like to upgrade the system to version 9 so I could use DSA. I just got back from training last week and all we used was DSA. Now I got back and found out we only have a SAT terminal. I'd like to know if anyone knows what the average cost is for the upgrade and what it costs for a maintenance contract with the upgrades built in. Plus are there any other real benefits to upgrading to the new version. I have to have some supporting material to suggest that we actually need the upgrade other than my ease of administration ploy.

Buy a copy of DSA, you won't be able to connect across a network so you'll still have the distance limitation unless you use a data mod but you don't have to be V9 to use DSA if that's all you're looking for.

Thanks, but do you know what it cost to buy DSA? I tried calling the company but they just transferred me about ten times and I never got an answer. Thanks!

No, I don't know the cost of DSA, don't you have a sales rep you normally buy phones, cards, etc. from?

Cost for DSA in Europe is arround 1900 Euro.

Europe

$2,886.00 FOR THE SOFTWARE, DATA MODULE AND A WIRE RUN (STANDARD WIRE RUN) that was given to me for a quote. This was given to me about 6 months ago. Still probably about the same still.

We are contemplating do this upgrade as well. We have 3 switches on our campus. Basically they will replace all 3 of our switches with totally new hardware for the most part(most line cards will stay) for a cost of about $70K. Major major upgrade. Good Luck.

CableXpert GR

Thanks for all the help, now I've got to try and get it approved.

buy the upgrade from genesis at 02073964000 and i am sure they can include the cost of dsa in the price as well as a clan board for telneting into the definity ask for new business sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back