Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3r V11 CDR quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabeaphoneman

Technical User
Jan 4, 2007
US
I can't find an implementation that shows how our CDR is configured with an 8400B module and a 2 wire digital port. i asign the data module as a PDM and it tests okay but my switch will not link up and I get the inverted red and green lights which means the 8400 doesn't see the switch, what happened? It was working fine

Okay i changed the 8400b and put a digital station on with it. Now I get steady red and it appears to be trying to call the pc, getting rin on the screen When I te3st cdr I fail test 215 and it refers me to restore the cdr. How is this done?

Funny we aren't using IP, convince me it is reliable when out network goes down every other day

If your network goes down every other day you probably need to look into putting your Telecom equipment on its own segment/subnet.

Moving the CDR to IP is trivial as long as the receiver of the CDR is able to handle an IP source. In my case, Veramark wants beacoup dinero for the IP RTU. When we migrated to CM4, we put in a Perle Network Terminal Server that has RS232 output. CM4 sends CDR to the NTS via IP and it passes it on to my Call Accounting platform via serial interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back