Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3r upgrade to CM3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccibill

Vendor
Nov 15, 2002
US
Currently we have a G3rV5. Does an ugrade automatically have to go to the CM3 or can you upgrade to other releases such as V7?

I believe you might have to upgrade to an S8700 or possibly release 11, but I dont think they are giving out that release anymore.

From my experience with Avaya, I doubt very highly they'll let you go to G3r version 7. However, they may not make you go to CM3.0. I think CM1.3(?) can be put in without going to S87xx servers.

V5/6 is a very good load. 7 wouldn't really get you anything worth paying for anyway. CM3 isn't worth the upgrade price simply because you even mentioned r7. You should stay where you're at but buy some tapes while you can get them.

-CL

Avaya and their authorized business partners will not sell you an upgrade to a G3r. The last date to upgrade was 12/2003. If you want to upgrade your switch, you will have to go to CM 3.0 on either an S87x0 or an S8500.

Kevin

I agree with 4meravaya. Your only option is to go to CM3.0 with an S series processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back