Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3R Reusing call id's too quickly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB69

MIS
Aug 25, 2003
CA
Wonder if anyone out there knows if there is a way to increase the time or number of calls before a specific UCID will be reused.

We have cti implemented on two Avaya switches. We are using ct connect communicating with the MAPD card using ASAI...on one switch, we do not see the same ref id (ucid) for a few days but on the other pbx the "unique" ids are reused every 20 minutes or so. The call volumes on both systems are very similar.

Did you ever receive any info on this? I realize this was posted a number of months ago...

We've started to see the same thing. It is not with the UCID, but the call ID, which is a different identifier. We are seeing them reused before the original call using the same ID has even ended.

Pls let me know if you were able to resolve.

We are encountering the same problem with the Call ID recycling very quickly.

Did you ever find a solution ?

We have the same problem with call ids as well. The call id gets reused every 90 minutes. This is causing problems with our CTI reports. I had heard there was a way to increase the range of the call ids. Does anybody know how to change this on the Avaya Definity switch?

This seems to be a problem to several others out there. We too have the problem of using up our call ids and a number will get recycled before the first call is completed. This is causing a call in our call record to have ending times before the start time. I've talked to a number of Avaya techs but they seem to think that we have to upgrade our Definity to a more expensive model to over come this problem. Our G3 works fine for our call center except for this occasional problem during high volume periods. It would be nice if there was an software or hardware upgrade that didn't require a new PBX to fix this.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back