Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3R issue UDP/AAR issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauchinango

Vendor
Feb 26, 2003
US
I am running R8 on a G3r. I have connected to another PBX using udp/aar using PRI. In my route pattern, I am deleting 3 (the number of digits used as the UDP code) but the switch is deleting 4. I have confirmed this with a PRI test set.

My extensions are in the 8xxxx and 3xxxx ranges. In order to get it to work, I have my route pattern deletes 3 digits, then adds an 8. I apologize if this seems confusing but the bottom line is somewhere, somehow, an additonal digit is stripped, forcing me to add it back in the route pattern.

Any suggestions? Thanks

copy and paste the route pattern and the ars analysis for one of the numbers called.

In the future everything will work...

I believe the R8 Definity can only route 7 digits. Create a UDP code with the last digit matching the first digit in your extension range, then delete 2 digits in the route pattern.

For example:
UDP code: 223
Extension: 3xxxx
UDP code: 224
Extension: 4xxxx

Thanks redphone. That appears to be a suitable workaround. FYI, my setup looks like this:

My extension range is 81xxx and 31xxx

Grp. FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Del Insert
No. Mrk Lmt List Digits Digits
1: 130 0 3 8

AAR DIGIT ANALYSIS REPORT

Dialed Total Route Call Node
String Min Max Pattern Type Number

2 7 7 640 aar
3 7 7 640 aar
4 7 7 640 aar
5 7 7 640 aar
6 7 7 640 aar
7 7 7 640 aar
776 7 7 76 aar

My udp code is 776. When dialing under the current scenario, 81234 is dialed, but the 8 is stripped as well.

paste the route pattern as well and give us a example of a standard call. Is this the same on both ends? It sounds like you may have duplicate exts...

In the future everything will work...

Does this only fail when you dial an extension that begins with an 8 or does it also fail with extensions that begin with 3. You are inserting an 8 in the route pattern so if you dial 31234 wouldn't that dial the 81234 extension?

Can you list an example of the UDP table for the extension you are dialing. Need to know you are inserting or removing any digits. Also display the feature access codes 'disp feat' and see if you have the 8 used for an AAR or ISDN access code.

At the point that I pasted the config above, 3 did not work. That was my problem. As redphone suggested, I was able to get both to work by using the last digit of my upd code match the first digit of the extension.

No FAC is used for an 8. My UDP is 81xxx UDPcode 778. 31xxx UPD code is 773. THis seems to work as a work around, but still think it is buggy.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back