Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G3csi ANI routing to vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

orie

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
I am fairly new with Lucent phone switches, so please bear with me. All your help is very appretiated.

What I would like to do:
When a call comes in, check to see what the ANI (caller id) is, then route that call to a vector. From that vector, the person can either press a number to be transfered to a phone extension (our extensions are 200-499), or press a number to be transfered to an outside phone line.

The vectoring shouldn't be hard, but I have no idea how to set up the ANI routing into the vector, or how to transfer from a vector out to a public phone #.

Any and all help EXTREMELY welcome.

Thanks,

-Elliott

Hi,

it's pretty straight forward, in the vector you can use commands like:

goto step 10 if ani = 12345
goto step 11 if ani > 12345
goto step 12 if ani = none

or,

goto step 15 if ani (not) in table 1

this last one requires the setting up, in the switch, of a vrt table:

change vrt table 1

Transferring calls out is even more straight forward:

route-to number 9123
route to vector 10

etc

Hope this helps,

Chris

Be carefull having options to "Press 3 to transfer to an outside line" This will allow anyone and their brother to "borrow" your phone system to make all sorts of nefarious calls.

the ani vectoring works great! Thanks.

Two problems however, when I attempt to "change vrt table 1" it says "1 is an invalid identifier". Is it possible I need a license or similar to enable this? Also, if I attempt to set an outside line to forward to, it gives me a busy signal. Possibly also a license?

Last question, is it possible to route based on the number DIALED by the customer?

In this situation, a person would call a phone number (408-555-1212 say), and that number is forwarded (pacbell call forwarding) to a line on our switch. We need to route based on that original number called. Or will call forwarding send an ANI of the forwarded line?

Thanks again!

-Elliott

In regards to forwarding out, we would control the # forwarded to, they would just hit a # to have that dialed for them. Is it still possible for people to use that function to call others?

-Elliott

Hi,

RE: change vrt table 1,

sorry the actual command is add/change vrt 1 (or whatever).

RE: call forwarding

I believe (not 100%) that you will get the forwarding lines ani but if you speak to pacbel they should be able to sort something out for you.

RE: busy signal

Is it a busy signal? or is it a denied tone? If you dial from your desk, what do you get? It should work.

RE: call fwd off net

That should be fine, we do it all the time.

Hope that helps,

Chris

If you want to send the original ANI number, if you have ISDN, you set the trunk group form to "send connected number" to yes. Doing so will send the calling party's ANI number to whoever you forward it to. Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks folks!! I got it working perfectly.

-Elliott

Sir I am new to the LUCENT G3 si system Recently we have purchased one systm and commisined i. I want to introduce the following facilty to the system .Please help me to do this

" whenever I call an extension and if there is no reply from that extn then I want to forward this call to a Dilogic card port for recording the message.for eg I am dialing the extn number 553 but there is no reply and I want to route this call to extn number 456 which is connected to a Dilogic port.I have tried to forward this call to 456 with the incomig exn number 553 but not successful. Is it possible to try through Vector.Kindly give the Vector steps for the above"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back