Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G350 with MM711 analog card

Status
Not open for further replies.

papagigo1

Technical User
Apr 30, 2004
US

On a G350,

If my MM-711 has a LEC CO trunk coming in on port #1 can I program (3) k2500 analog extensions to ports 2,3 and 4 ? In other words, are there any restrictions or can I use the ports either as CO or extension?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

The MM711 ports can be configured as a trunk or a station; no restrictions. This is different than the MM714 card, which has 4 trunk ports and 4 station ports.

From Avaya:
The Avaya MM711 Media Module supports eight analog interfaces allowing CO Loop Start trunks, CO trunks Ground Start, Direct Inward Dialing (DID), wink start or immediate start trunks, and 2-wire outgoing CAMA (for E911 connectivity to the PSTN) trunks. It also includes analog tip/ring devices such as single line telephones, modems, or group 3 fax machines. Each port may be configured as either a trunk or a station.

The MM714 has restrictions as to which port can be a CO trunk or station.
The first 4 ports are for stations/DID's
The last 4 ports are for CO trunks

Redphone,

Thank you for that information, I was hoping that's the way it worked.

Mike

Same hardware and have a station port connected to a fax machine as port 1, and 4 CO loop-start line as the last 4 ports on the MM711. I've had problems with faxes across the IP link to our 8800 so I'd like to route all calls from the fax to go out the analog trunk group. Is there a shortcut for doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back