Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G350/G700 LSP's Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1fanatic

Programmer
Jan 28, 2008
GB
Hi all,

Hope you can help with the following scenario,

I currently have 3 x s8300c in g350's.

Site a, main site, approx 40 users, all ip phones and a mm711 for analogs.

Site b, currently standalone system with approx 40 user's again, this is ip trunked back to main site, site a.

Site c, is an lsp connected to site a.

All have local pstn access (ISDN30e)

The customer now wants to turn site b into an lsp back to the main site, site a.

I have been told i would need to change the g350 at site a, into a g700. This was because you can only have max of 72 users on a g350, even though i think you can have up to 360 on a s8300c.

My though on this is that the ip phones at the lsp sites do not use any resource's on the g350 at the main site? They obviously register first to the s8300 at the main site, and then when the gateway kick's in to lsp mode the gateway registers back to the s8300 lsp local in the gateway to it.

Can someone confirm this one way or the other for me, and if do need to change the g350 for a g700 the process of doing this, i know i need to swap the license on rfa to reference the new gateway serial number, but the actual shifting of cards to the new system any potential gotcha's on moving the s8300c into a g700 after previously being installed in a g350.

Also has anyone got any advice on swapping a standalone s8300c into an lsp, again any potential gotcha's on this?

Many thanks

The phones would register on the new host, but, you'd need local IP resources to talk to anybody. That'd be the hit. You'd still be at 72. It's actually 50 max you get to 72 with the enhanced package.

You will need to go with a g700, you'll have the voip resources to support the number of stations the S8300 will support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back