Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G250-DS1 PRI signalling group drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtierney

Vendor
Sep 29, 2003
US
We have CM3.1.4 @ the core and 28_17 FW on the 250. The AT&T PRI D-channel drops randomly and we need to reset the embedded MM (resetting the D channel in ASA does not work)to restore service. This has happened on 2 GW's (we replaced it under warantee) and on FW from 26_31 and 27_27. Is there an ID'd issue with this hardware?

Call me Mr. Dumass. YES, it has been set for a while. I should have mentioned. Sorry.

Have you listed measurments to see if you are getting slips on that DS1

Yep, but it only seems to crop up right before we lose the D channel.

sounds to me like it is AT&T, why would you think it's a problem with the gateway? I would call AT&T, and tell them to FIX their PRI :)

The "list measurements ds1 log 001v4" (or whatever mg/slot your MM710 is in) log should be enough to prove you are getting frame slips (or whatever) before the trouble begins.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

I would usually completely agree with you. I have another PRI 15 miles away with the same service on a G350 w/o the same issues. When that one has issues, the worst I've had to do is busy/release the D channel. I wasn;t sure if anyone else out there had experienced similar issues specifially with the 250-ds1

what does the "list measurements" show? You can have 1 circuit with virtually no problems, yet have another one that is very unreliable... I still suspect AT&T is your issue.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

I am running daily logs right now and am seeing some slips and a couple of misframes. They come in clusters and I want to get a 4-5 day spread to see if they there is a time of day correspondance. Again, I appreciate the thoughts and the bottom line for me was not really whether AT&T was the culprit..just that this embedded DS1 board is behaving differently when it DOES come time to implement busies/resets/etc than the TN464/767 or MM710's. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back