Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G# blue and white doesn't see CD media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2001
US
It's a blue and white G3 tower. Had a 6GB drive (factory) and we've put a 60gb drive in as the slave drive with OS X (10.2.6). Now, for some reason, media inserted in the CD drive doesn't mount on the desktop. (didn't see Office X or a music CD).

I wonder, device ID or driver issue?

Can someone add to the pile of level I diagnostics I've already performed?

Thanks in advance Mac Addicts.

the general

open a terminal, "cd /Volumes", "ls", then insert a cd (pref HFS+ volume), "ls". If it appears (listed) then god knows whats up. If it doesn't, it sounds like an IDE/ATA bus issue (Bloody typical!). If this is the case, It will almost definately be a hard drive/CD-ROM drive jumper setting issue/cable sequence issue. Sorry I can't be of more help right now.

Ian.

No that's great. I'm not certain I fully "get" the terminal commands you're spelling out but that whay they call it the learning curve, eh.

Appreciate you making the time to reply. Do note, not another soul jumped in on this one:)

MacGeneral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back