Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G-450 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samanody

Technical User
Nov 26, 2007
SA
Dear All,

I have an issue with a G-450. Suddenly the announcements stopped playing meaning that when you dial ann. Ext. it gives nothing. The ann. Files are there in the media gateway. When i copied them to my pc they worked well. I did a list trace on the ext. i was testing from and found nothing. I did a trace on the media gateway i foind that when i try to dial ann. Ext. it gives denial event 3706 no voip resource.

I tried to lookup this error but nothing. Can someone help.

You could log into your MG and do a show faults, maybe your DSP(s) are bad. There are tests that can be run in the MG to test the voip resources. DSP's are the voip resources within a MG.
Hudson22

I looged on the G-450 using root and tried to reset the voip engine and the voip-dsp but the same problem exists. Any ideas ?

If you log onto the CM and run the command disable announcemet-board XV09 and then enable the board your issue should be resolved.

I did try to disable the announcement board and enable it again but still the same thing. Another thing i noticed, when i try to open the ip address for the media gateway through http it asks me for snmp community name and when i cancel it nothing else comes out.

Any idea?

Just an update
I tried everything kentioned before
Busyout and release the voip-dsp
Show faults shows nothing, i mean no errors

Can someone help please

You could reboot the MG.
You could delete the announcements on the mg then put them back again.
Hudson22

rebooting the MG solves the problem but then it comes back again, i have to restart it like every 2 days.

there must be something done to clear this issue. could it be a faulty media gateway

Sounds like your announcement board might be going bad. If you have multiple G450's, you could put both of their announcement boards into an Audio Group, then go into your announcements and change the location of the announcement from your G450 to g1 which is audio group 1. This will play the announcement from which ever announcement board works best.

The issue is i have only one G-450
Shoul i contact avaya to change it.

What is your CM software version?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"
Avaya. Too little or no help? Expensive?
For FAST switch support at bargain rates, give bsh a call.

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Code:
 GW      TN Circuit Pack                       Latest     Last          CM
MM/TN    Gateway / Media Module     Hardware   Firmware   Update Date   Software
-----    -------------------------  ---------  --------   -----------   --------
G430   - Gateway                               31.26.0  - 01/07/13      6.1.x
G450   - Gateway                               31.26.0  - 01/07/13      6.1.x

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"
Avaya. Too little or no help? Expensive?
For FAST switch support at bargain rates, give bsh a call.

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back