Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FYI: Micollab Client Not Working on WIN10 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldTimingMan

Vendor
Aug 19, 2015
US
Auto updates for Windows 10 KB3163018 caused Micollab Client to lose connection in a converged network. Deleted KB3163018 in Windows Updates. Issue is corrected. So far only one user reports this issue.

Update: Reinstalled win update. Micollab client still works.

Can confirm that this is correct, KB3163018 is causing connection issues with MiCollab. As OldTimingMan suggest remove the update and MiCollab will start working again.

Removing the update resolves the issue, but when you restart your computer the update gets installed automatically and again Micollab client stops working. we can not disable automatic windows update option.

Do we need to update the micollab client version to latest?

Do we need to update the micollab client version to latest?"....that's a mitel question.
Tech in my office has a solution to stop the update:

To Remove Update and Block Update from Reinstalling

1. Open Update & Security > scroll to the bottom and click Advanced Options
2. Click View your update history
3. Click Uninstall Updates
4. Locate the update and select Uninstall
5. This will cause your PC to reboot after finished.
6. Once PC reboots, run the software “wushowhide”. When you run this, it will show you the update. Select the check box next to it to HIDE it from windows to prevent it from auto re-installing.
This will get the client working until you get a solution from Mitel.

I will remove for now on my user, but since this is a cumulative update, do we see any other work around?

Try this...It's working great for me..

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\KeyExchangeAlgorithms\Diffie-Hellman]
"ClientMinKeyBitLength"=dword:00000200

I worked with my vendor and they pointed us to using the browser interface for MiCollab.
Actually MiCollab Client Web Portal. This has allowed us to maintain the Windows patch and deliver the client they rely on.

Upgrading your MiCollab server to 7.1.0.55 fixes this problem. No need to mess with undoing windows updates or making registry keys. If you have an MBG acting as a proxy that is version 9.0.x it'll need an update also. 9.2.0.23 works for me.

Had Micollab (OVA) 6.0.205.0. Upgraded to 6.0.209.0. Update issue is fixed. If you try this update, system will reboot once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back