Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fwd unconditional Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcsavaya

MIS
Oct 6, 2009
US
I have fwrd uncd buttons on certain phones, the forward works, but you dont hear any ringing on the callers end, and people are starting to think they have gotten a dead extension. Any reason why it wouldnt ring, PRI 5.0 IPO with all the goodies.

This is more than likely a PRI provider issues where they aren't sending "Alerting" on a trunk to trunk call. They should be able to tell you if they are getting D Channel "Alerting" from the IPO and what they are trying to do with it.

Avaya SMEC - ACSS

easy test
call the extension from another extension, if you hear the ringing it is a problem with the line.
If you make calls over IP lines then uncheck the direct media path and see if that solves the problem.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

So you want me to call the extension that has the uncond forward on it, and if it rings whith that option on, it isnt working?

Im not sure I follow...

Thanks

come on this should be some pretty basic diagnostics... and mainly common sense stuff....

try a few things and then post here once you cant figure it out....

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

This happend to me a while back but, I am pretty sure this is a bug with 5.0 version.. You need to open a Tkt with Avaya for a patch.

I found the CQ

CQ99790

No ringing tone heard when calling a User who has forwarding Off switch via external ISDN when alerting

And I believe 5.0.22 fixed problem but, if you went to 6.0.X it was broken again and fixed in 6.1.

Love Avaya

come on this should be some pretty basic diagnostics... and mainly common sense stuff...."

If I just fixed it, you couldnt flex your internet muscles....

Thanks NYSTECH, that was the issue. Im pretty busy and a lot of times dont read those updates. I agree I "love" avaya too!

Enjoy the Star, thanks again!

NYSTECH, opening a ticket it useless.
5.0 is not supported anymore for a while now :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi - I have seen this issue with 7.0.23 and SIP Trunks. Funnily enough twinning worked. Upgraded to R8 and it went away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back