Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fwd to cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
I have a 406 R3.0 that will transfer the call to a cellphone, but won't let the call go into voicemail if it isn't answered. I have increased the cover-time, but that doesn't do the trick. It will ring until the voicemail picks up, hang-up, and then re-ring the cellphone again. Is there a different parameter that needs to be changed so that it will go into the voicemail.

ps- this is transfering out of VM Pro module using a Transfer module with 91xxxxxxxxxx as the destination.

in voice mail pro use assisted transfer and that has a timer adjustment-Bg

I tried setting the timer way out (999 seconds), but it still pulls the call back instead of going into voicemail. It will ring the extension, if not answered it will then ring the cellphone, if not answered it will ring the extension again, and then back to the cellphone. It just keeps passing the call back and forth without ever letting it go to the cellphones voicemail. any other thoughts? I've tried it using different cellphones as well.

are you using assisted transfer in the voice mail pro modual to transfer the call to an external number ?

No, I am using a regular transfer module, but I got it to work. I had to increase the system's default allocated answer interval to 45 seconds to allow time for it to be answered by the cellphone's voicemail.

Transfer the calls to a dummy user that has unconditional transfer and longer than normal no answer time. Play around with different times till the cell voicemail picks up before it brings the call back to the ipo. I have found this on some isdn service and cells not all

Is there a reason why you dont use assisted transfer I had the same proplem and this fixed it . the only problem in extenting the no answer time that if waits a long time before it goes to VM ..BG

I actually ended up using the assisted transfer action. Thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back