Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FWD/DND Doesn't light up

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmmillermd

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
KX-TD 1232 with TVS-200 VM. All stations work. One station (ext 110) has a non-working FWD/DND button light even after reset with 790. Tried anothrer phone and same prob. It does answer with VM as programmed. What setting have I made that disabled the light which is blinking on other stations where it is programmed Busy/NA to VM (165)?

Thanks.

thats an oddone have you tried a system restart?
you say all is well the voicemail picks up when it should
except flashing fwd/dnd led? if this was my extension and it was old software I would consider no flashing light a godsend drives most people nuts untill the fix cam along

Thanks. I have powered off and on, perhaps there is a better 'restart' without erasing the settings. You have a great point about the light and I'll sit tight. I relocated the system and the only other problem which is maddening is that the one mailbox set to call a phone number with the messages (physician) now lights line 5 for ten secs, then line 4 for ten secs and goes back and forth but never makes the call. There is no change in the settings. I added a pause after the 9 (9P5551212) and at the end, even 'T' at the beginning, deleted and replaced the mailbox and it still does this loop until I power off. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

has the voicemail ext been given outgoing line access
field 605 and 606 that would stop you fromdialing out and also is remote notification been turned on in that mailbox class of service? more like XA for a dialing suffex
just thoughts!!

Boy...I hoped that was the answer. 605 and 606 are enabled on all CO's for the two jacks (105 and 116). This voicemail doesn't allow an "A" in the suffix. Thanks.

you should listen accross line one with a buttset
and pitch a message to that box and see what you here
for starters and you did not say if remote notification
was on in cos service settings of that mail box

Renmote is on. The messages get to the box as they are retrievable, the box just doesn't connect to the local number for ext device 1 (two and three are 'not in use' and one is 'continuous').

and the device one is set as a telephone not a pager
do have you tried setting it a pager and sending it to a test number?

I tried the pager setting, reversed the port assignments, deleted the mailbox and reinstalled, reassigned the mailbox to another extension, removed the '9', added pauses, and changed calling numbers. It seems that the VM is simply not calling out because it tries for a few secs and then goes to the next internal hunt line as it there is no string being sent to the CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back