Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FW template warping because of I.E text resizing option

Status
Not open for further replies.

caines

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
GB
I have created a webpage in fireworks but I have inserted dreamweaver txt into a slice where the original FW txt used to be.

So I exported the FW web page to DW, deleted the blank slice and filled it with HTML dreamweaver txt. However, this slice is surrounded by other fireworks slices and if someone chooses to increase their txt size with the internet explorer options, the text increases size and warps my FW template.

How do you prevent internet explorer be able to resize this txt? Any method will do as long as the text stays the original size.

This is doing my head in. :(

Soz Caines.... I don't think that you can....

You could always have a javascript alert box appear on top of your index page saying what size of browser text your page is best viewed at, I suppose.

luds

try using cascading style sheets - i think that will solve your problem.

Tana... us web page designers have no control over the user who selects a different font size via IE's 'View' menu!...

CSS, wonderful though it is, can't influence the browser's preferences

luds

Right, I have rock solid proof that this can be done somehow! You can go to my site at:

Its still being developed but I have just thrown some text in as an example. Re-size the text in I.E to something over medium and see the effect it has. But if you go to:

you try it there and it has no effect at all. Its html text and resizing doesnt make any difference what so ever. How I ask myself!

Cos it's Flash!!!!!!!!! lol

<param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;homeimage.swf&quot;>

As Flash is an embedded file on the page, not even Bill Gate's software can change the font size!

Its partly flash! It is intergrated with HTML. You can highlight the text in the little boxes at the bottom. Trust me mate, Ive seen it done so many times. The text at the bottom of the page is HTML because you can highlight it. It can be done!!!!

Believe me I could show you so many sites with HTML text and the resizing makes no difference! Im not saying I can control Internet Explorer but there is a work around and thats what I want! I know because someone at macromedia told me! Its something to do with tables in Fireworks, the text can not go outside of the table and therefore cannot go over a certain size! Give me strength Lord!

lol Caines.... then I suppose that your mate at Macromedia is the one to ask??!! lol

If you specify your text in a style the user cannot adjust the font size(period).

<signature>
sometime you just gotta say &quot;WHAT THE @#*% !!&quot;
</signature>

deecee...
&quot;in a style&quot;... you mean if you specify font size in CSS then the user can't adjust it?

Id rather ask anyone but you luds!

---'ITS BECAUSE ITS FLASH! LOL!'----

Is it really??? oh my god! it is flash! I never would of worked that out without you luds mate! All these years as a web designer and then I meet you! What a saving grace! Next time I need help, I know where to come dont I!! You are a computing god luds! Flash! ha! Why didnt I think of that!!!!

Funny thing, Caine, is that posts often don't show the level of ability/expertise.

I do not profess to be a &quot;computing god&quot;.. and no doubt will never be able to.
I appologise for the &quot;lol&quot; ... just the way I chat. Not meant to ridicule, if that's the way it seemed.

Im only messing with you dude ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back