Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fundamental-11--study material--please & guidance!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

want2bdeveloper

Technical User
Sep 24, 2003
US
Hi everyone:

Could someone suggest good study material and methodology used to prepare for the exam Izo-032. I would really appreciate it. am waiting for your reply.....

Regards,
Ria

hi wanabDEV!
i've cleared in 1z0-007 with 85%score and i hope u 've cleared all previous exams like 1z0-007 and 1z0-031 with best results!
--well could u sort me out for the next exam i.e 1z0-031 ie study materials whereabouts of all study materials!
-- one thing more could u lemme know when u appeared 4 the first exam ie iz0-007 have u got ne certificate then or just a report !
pls let me know
ur help would b highly appreciated!
Gregi

Hi WannabDBA!

I just got the report when i passed the exam IZO-007. I took the exam in a prometric center and they just printed out a report and had stamped it with prometric seal.

I have not taken my second exam IZO-031 yet. I am planning to take in two weeks. Haven't scheduled the exam date yet. But i can tell to some extent that Exam Guide by Jason Couchman is a GOOOOOOOD book! It clearly explains many things. Since i have not taken the exam (even sample exams) yet, I can not tell for sure if this book covers a lot of questions asked in the exam. But i have seen from other discussions that this book alone is not sufficient. You need to have practicve tests--i heard that Selftest Software is a good one.

Hope the above helps....best wishes.....

Ria

hi WannaBDev!
thanx for ur reply and me too have got the same report having seal mark on it!
--hope u will b well aquainted with the prep materials of 1z0-031.
--I'd purchase Sybex stuff do u have ne comments over it!well u've gone thru some other materials as well!
--i'm supposed to take my exam by d end of Feb,04!ans also let me know for which exam r u going to take course from center!
once again thanx WannaBDev!
Regards
Gregi!

Hi wannaddba!

I have purchased OCA/OCP Oracle 91 DBA Fundamentals I Study guide by Biju Thomas and Bob Bryla. I can tell for sure, after using this book, that it is not suffiecient at all. I do not know what book you have from Sybex. If it is exam guide, then, i have not used it and can't comment on it.

I am planning to take the last exam IZO-033--Performance Tuning from Oracle Instructor--to meet the requirement. This advice i got from the forum itself. What do you advice?

Best wishes....

Regards,
Ria

hello wannaBdev!
thanx once again for ur helpful advice to me!
firstly i wud tell u that i've got Sybex Study guide 1z0-031
which is from Chip/Bob!
and other thing u r on right track coz experts comments +vely on taking course from oracle for 1z0-033 also i appreciate u for ur decision and also learning from u the same!
well about study material u suggest that Study guide for 1z0-031 from Oracle press i.e Couchman is better than Sybex Chip/Bob is that!
also ne sites or links for getting Oracle stuff !
well i've also got help from yahoo groups!
rest is upt to u!
bye !
cheers!
Gregi!

Hi wannadba!

Yes, couchman's book has more details esp for IZO-031. For IZO-007, sybex book is good.

I do not know link to ne oracle stuff? If u know ne, pls send it. btw, what does ILT stand for--meaning expansion for ILT. I found from forum that ILT material is very useful. pls. let me know if you know about it.

Regards,
Ria

Hi wAnnabdba!

Thanks for your reply. I checked the site you have indicated. I was wondering what this is all about ILT and who prepares this. When i came to know the expansion for ILT was Instructor Led Training, I also assumed that any Oracle Authorized training institute that prepares the study materials for its students is called ILT! I guess, its not. ILT is prepared by Thompson-Prometric! I am correct?

btw, could you please go this site.
There is no ILT for Oracle DBA 9i track nor there is ILT for PL/SQL (IZO_147). I have seen many people talking about ILT for IZO-147 to be very good and all that. But i do not see that in this site. Did i unserstand incorrectly? Pls. advice.

Ria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back