Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

functioning norstar system from another loaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAMVIET

Technical User
Jun 5, 2003
US

i have a 8x24 dr5 and a modular application can i set a meridian 7324 at home and use the same function as if im at the business. call transfer,page intercom ect.

you can run an analog line thru an ata adapter to as an off premise extension and function as a local off the switchboard with (link and a few feature codes you can transfer and do a few functions like you there.. but a digital set is limited to only a mile or two and the cable pairs have to be direct ( no aditional cable eg bridge taps or extended past your location like farther down the road)

that is true
i've never used one for norstar sets
but they work great for meridian sets.

i do have a analog phone from meridian at home how can i set it up ?

thank you for all your assistance

you need an ata at the norstar to convert the digital signal to analog. connect the IN to any set port ,and the out to a cable pair going to your home . . you require an analog set with a link button at your house.program the port just like any other port on the norstar .no one will ever know you aren't at work , now that it is analog you could even put an extension beside the pool.

to transfer a call: link * 70
page : link * 60 + 1,2,or3
linepool sel : link * 64 + line pool code
conference : link 2 places first call on hold, dial second number : link *3 completes conf.
all this info available on ata2 user card .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back