Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Function Query To Run Report based on Start and End Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

indyhorses

Technical User
May 24, 2001
JP
I have created a database based on ads for a newspaper association. I now need to calculate the number of run times based on start date and end date. I am not a programmer per se. I'm new at this, so be gentle. A techie told me to use a get remaining week function using the dim feature. I am totally lost. If I DO figure it out, where and how do I insert this into a report? OR Query? Or Form? Where does the Function go?

"Run times based on start date and end date" means for how many times the ad is going to be published (is it published every day?). What is your table structure?

If you want to create a function you have to write it in the "Moduls" section and than assign this function to a field in a form or in a report. Or you can write the code in a query and create the new field there. Like: open a new query, pick the table that has all the information you need in. Drag the fileds that you want to see besides the calculated filed. Than in a new row write [new field name]:[calculations], where [new field name] is a description for the field that you want to create and [calculations] is the exact code that is calculating the no of run times (usually is a "iif" function).
I don't know your table structure so I can not write the code exactly.

Thanks so much, I will try some of these suggestions and get back with you. I don't know how to tell you the table structure. What are my choices? I'm being silly, but serious. I have only been managing this dbase since September, have learned so much, but have so far to go. I am scheduled for an advanced training class last June that covers the areas I feel so deficient in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back