Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

function openWindow and I.E. 4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciciu

Instructor
Sep 27, 1999
GB
the function openWindow(url)doesn't seem to work with I.E. version 4.0. The return error is 'no such interface supported'<br>

does anyone know why and how to correct the problem?<br>

<br>

please reply to ciciu@hotmail.com<br>

<br>

see example:<br>

<br>

that's the current code:<br>

<br>

<!--<br>

browserName = navigator.appName;<br>

browserVer = parseInt(navigator.appVersion);<br>

if (browserName ==

Are you sure you're not talking about 'window.open(URL)'?

yes, this is the full code (it got chopped up in my last post):<br>
<br>
function openWindow(url) {<br>
popupWin = window.open(url,'portfolio','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=1,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=450,height=150');<br>
window.blur()<br>
<br>
}

found it.....just change this line and it should work<br>
<i>popupWin = window.open(url,'profile',toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=1,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=450,height=150);</i><br>
I think the only problem was that you put all of the agruments <i>toolbar=0</i>-<i>height=150</i> inside a disabling set of single-quote morks (')<br>
<br>
<p>-Robherc<br><a href=mailto:robherc@netzero.net>robherc@netzero.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*nix installation & program collector/reseller. Contact me if you think you've got one that I don't :)

I had the same problem. First of all, try to just open a new window from any web page (right click and choose the Open in New Window option) If you have the buggy version of IE4. (under Help/About, you will see 4.71.1712.6 or 4.72.2106.8) If you have any of the versions I listed, you probably will not be able to open a new window. To fix it, upgrade to either IE4 w/ Service Pack 2 or IE5. <br>
<br>
HTH,<br>
SCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back