Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fumei do you know how to use VBA to remove reviewers list in Word 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2004
GB
Fumei, do you know how to use VBA to remove reviewers list in Word 2002...

I am new to the board and thus far can not find a way to contact you directly.... you previously posted:

MIS) Feb 10, 2004
Is there any way to stop the reviewers from being shown in Word 2002? Once I have finished a document I can click on Show\Reviewers and any one who has worked on the document is listed. If I wanted to send a finished document out to another co-worker I didn't want the list of reviewers to be shown.

Feb 11, 2004
The simplest way is to remove Reviewers from the menu, once you are done. Right click the reviewing toolbar to Customize it. Move through the Show menu and drag off Reviewers. Close the customize dialog and Reviewers is gone from the menu choices.

This will work for most people. However, the Reviewer data is still there, and can be seen if you customize and recreate the Reviewers menu item.

To REALLY lock it out, you will need to use VBA. Let me know if you want some ideas for doing that.

I WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATIVE FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN OFFER re how to REALLY lock the list out. EVEN WHEN I NOW CREATE A NEW WORD DOC... THEN CLICK SHOW, THEN REVIEWERS, THE SAME LIST OF REVIEWERS IS 'ALWAYS' THERE. I AM WORRIED THAT ANYONE I SEND A DOC TO CAN NOW SEE ALL MY REVIEWERS. ALSO WHEN SENDING A DOC TO A CLIENT, I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO SHOW THE LIST OF REVIEWERS. I'VE TRIED TRANSFERRING THE INFO TO A NEW WORD FILE WHICH ELIMINATES ANY TRACKING RECORDS, BUT THE LIST OF REVIEWERS IS ALWAYS THERE. SORRY FOR ALL CAPS... JUST SEPARATING MY TEXT FROM YOURS.

-P

Paulina - there should be NO personal contacting here. This is not a helpdesk and no-one is under any obligation to help you if they do not feel like it.

1: You should not try and contact anyone directly. You may get a response from them but you may also miss out on a lot of other responses.

2: Please try and avoid speaking in CAPS - in web language, this is akin to shouting and is not appropriate except for emphasising a few words

Rgds, Geoff

Never test the depth of water with both feet

Help us to help you by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

I did not know that it was inappropriate to seek out advice from someone in a previous thread that offered such assistance to a specialized request. I apologize.

I only used caps to separate my reply from the other person's reply. I again apologize for my lack of awareness.

That's ok

To seperate responses, you can use the quote tags
['quote] starts the quote and ['/quote] ends it (without the ')

You can therefore do stuff like

He said:
This is what he said

And I say......etc etc

Rgds, Geoff

Never test the depth of water with both feet

Help us to help you by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back