Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full tower CPU case 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigey

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I have a full tower computer case with 5* 5.25 bays.

I want to upgrade the case, as my system is starting to get very cramped, and heat dissapatation is not good.

My question is does anyone have any suggestions of Full Tower ATX cases with minimum of 6 * 5.25 bays, that they would recomend. Please post website addresses with pics and where to buy. Feel free to give reasons as to why you choose them.

Cheers

Ps I'm in the UK.

Hello craigey:

I'm sure that many will recommend the PC-70 and PC-71 aluminum cases from Lian-Li:

However, my two personal favorites are the 7890A from Addtronics:

and the SC-760P4 from Supermicro:

I own four PCs, two Intel based in the Addtronics 7890As, and two AMD based in the Supermicro SC760P4s. The Supermicros seem to cool slightly better than the Addtronics, due to the 120mm exhaust fan, but either would probably be OK if you're not radically overclocking. The Addtronics offer one more external bay than the Supermicros. The Supermicros have more air intake area. Both feature filtered air intakes. The Supermicro chassis metal is thicker than the Addtronic's. The Addtronic's chassis is riveted, and can be "unriveted" if you want to do chassis mods easily. You can purchase the Addtronics without a power supply, so if you have a favorite, you can save some money. If your favorite is an Enermax, you'll have to clearance the Addtronics shelf that it sits on to make full use of the bottom fan.

Since you're on the other side of the pond, I really can't supply you with any vendors that I can be sure will ship to you. Addtronics will sell direct, but you're probably better off checking with each manufacturer for where to buy.

I recommend any CoolerMaster cases. They have amazing heat dissipation are very easy to set up (with all the computer cards etc) and the look nice. I have a CoolerMaster ATC-201 (only 4 5.25 inch drive bays) and I am very very happy with it.

they do have larger ones btw [thumbsup2] _______________
Stretchy [Pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back