Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full Text Search... Pls. HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolphilboy

Technical User
Aug 19, 2001
PH
Could someone help me on this error. I've made a full text index on a table thru SQL 7.0. The wizard seem to have work fine and created a fulltext catalog. I fully populated the catalog. But when i made a query on the said table, it gives me this error message. What have i donw wrong.

this is my simple query: SELECT * FROM <table> where contains (*, ' &quot;<string search>&quot; ')

error message:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Search on full text catalog &quot;BinCatalog&quot; for database ID 8, Table ID 517576882 with search condition ' &quot;System&quot; ' failed with unknown result (10abf974).

PLS. HELP ME....

Let's just get the easy solution out of the way. (Although we are never that lucky!) I was wondering if you were doing this inside a stored procedure, and were maybe doing something like this:

declare @myName varchar(20)
set @myName = 'Flintstone'
SELECT * FROM <table>
where contains (*, ' &quot;@myName&quot; ')
or
where contains (*, '@myName')

Because neither of those would work.

That's probably not it, right?

Perhaps you'd like to post the actual statement that bombs, including whatever search word and wildcards you used.

i was doing the query in the query analyzer connected to the database where the table with fulltext is created. This is the actual statement:

select * from mytable where contains (*, ' &quot;Systems&quot; ')

i'm searching for the string &quot;System&quot; in the column included in the fulltext search.

please help.

I have some notes about FullText somewhere, maybe I'll find them tonight. But I do seem to remember this: when you use the full-text Wizard, I think you do get some kind of little message or window to indicate 'indexing successfully completed' BUT, as i remember, you still have to manually go and populate those indexes for the first time. (i.e. load the indexes up with actual data.)

To do this in EM, I think you go to the database, look for the Ful-Text Catalogs folder, right-click, and choose Repopulate All Catalogs.

Want to try that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back