Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full-Text Indexing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSql

Programmer
Jul 16, 2000
US
One of my server the Full-Text Indexing is diabled all other servers the feature is enabled. Any idea how can I enable that.

Dr.Sql
Good Luck.

It probably wan't installed with the SQL Server was installed. Pop that CD in and run through the installer. You should be able to reinstall just the full text part.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(Not quite so old any more.)

Thanks.. Is there any way I can verfiy that's installed.
I will try that and keep you posted.

Dr.Sql
Good Luck.

Thanks..It was installed on that server but the service was stopped. I was able start that. Now the question is there any way I can find which tables are Full-Text indexed is enabled in a DB.

Dr.Sql
Good Luck.

In EM Server > Databases > {Database} > Full-Text Catalogs

The basic full text info is in sysfulltextcatalogs.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(Not quite so old any more.)

select * from sysfulltextcatalogs stores only the locatin of the folder where Catalogs are kept. Also need to generate catalogs for all tables inuvidually.
Thanks

Dr.Sql
Good Luck.

Run the following command in the QA

sp_help_fulltext_catalogs

It will return the catalog name. After that you can run this command specifying the catalog name as parameter to get table name

sp_help_fulltext_tables 'catalog name'

Cyno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back