Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full Screen Unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

pansophic

MIS
Sep 24, 2001
US
Has anyone out there obtained the ability to enter full screen Unix mode? It is alluded to in several of the manuals, but I have never seen anyone document a method for starting it.

I'm very interested in seeing the core OS under all of the administration screens.

Thanks,

mgs

Hi,

Do you mean in the Intuity, Interchange or Switch?

Chris

Hi,

Sorry, i should of added that in the intuity and interchange you need either the tsc or root password. If your talking about the switch then there is a login, higher than init, but i wouldn't have a clue what it is, sorry.

Hope this helps,

Chris

I was really interested in the switch because I don't have an Intuity or Interchange, but any of it would be interesting.

The manual specified that you should only enter full screen Unix mode under the direction of a Tier 3 tech, so it would appear that people are given access, but only in very special circumstances.

Thanks,

mgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back