Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full Screen Size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCPtrsn

Programmer
Feb 1, 2006
US
Hello (First time post, long time reader). This is probably and easy question for most, but at the moment I am at a loss. I have an app running in a small window but when I double click the blue bar at the top it does not switch to full screen. The window just relocates to the top left corner. What am I not remembering to do? Any ideas?

- Chris

I have not done this is quite some time, so pardon me if my memory is not what it should be, but I'll try.

1. I assume you launch your app from a desktop shortcut. Go into the shortcut properties and look for the Options tab. On it make sure that the Display Options - Full Screen is checked.

2. If #1 resolved the problem - great.

3. If #1 did not solve it, then...
When the app is running in its small window click on the upper left box to get its drop-down. If the Maximize is not grayed-out, check it.

Good Luck,

JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

I found an old FPD application on my system and looked at things again. As a result, let me amend #3 above.

3. When the app is running in its small window click on the upper left box to get its drop-down.
Go to Properties and then on its Option Tab, make sure that the Display Options - Full Screen is checked. After checking that you should get another Windows regarding Apply Properties To Shortcut. Check Modify Shortcut that Started This Window.

Good Luck,

JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

Chris,
try left Alt+Enter to switch window/screen or back.
Tesar

Tesar - can you help clarify my understanding?

I thought that Left Alt+Enter interactively causes the screen switch, but does not set it to one mode or the other on a permanent basis for subsequent application launches.

Was my "understanding" wrong?

Thanks,
JRB-Bldr

JRB-Bldr,

You are right,

to set Full Screen mode on a permanent basis, you need to go through Properties->Options,

and yes, Left Alt+Enter interactively causes DOS application's screen switch from Window mode to Full Screen (DOS) mode.

But isn't what the OP trying to do with double clicking on the Title Bar?

>I thought that Left Alt+Enter interactively causes the screen switch, but does not set it to one mode or the other on a permanent basis for subsequent application launches.

Windows 9x, permanent.

Windows NT, temporary.

Hi Friends,

Well Alt+Enter and the full screen will work fine. But have you noticed the difference when you try with OS Win 98 and Win 2000? in win 2000 it will come on to morethan 24 rows, so the display will be conjusted to solve that you have to set MODE of the display.

in win 2000 it will come on to morethan 24 rows, so the display will be conjusted to solve that you have to set MODE of the display.

Isn't it nearly the same (well, almost) in Win98?
You just incidentally had your MODE settings the way you like it in Win98.

In Win98, by default itself the MODE is for COLS=80 and LINES=24. So there is no need to explicitely change it. But in the case of WIN2000 you should explicitly set the COLS=80 and LINES=24 statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back