Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full Resolution of pictures ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junedonofrio

Technical User
Dec 31, 2003
US
i am tring to import 'PDF" files, i have done i think everything, (made sure the pdf filter xtension is turned on) then imported into a picture box. but the text does not show up or print out at good quality, (it is all pixilated). i have also had problems with my imported pictures, when printing. my book says that quark "downsamples" the image data to save space?? i guess. the book also says that you can "turn on Full Resolution" but i have not been able to get this to work. can you please tell me where to find this to "turn on" & how ?? or am i maybe doing something else wrong when importing the "pdf" files ??

thanks for your help !
June

The downsampled image Quark uses is only for screen display and for non-postscript printing. When you print to a postscript printer, or export to an EPS or PDF, Quark refers to the original image file to produce full resolution output. See faq260-3087 for more details.

thanks for the info about the image displays, i have looked at the FAQ & its says that there should be a "Enhance Preview XT". i have version 5.0 & when i go to utilities i don't have anything called Enhance Preview XT ?? also all of my xtentions are enabled, should only the ones i need to use be enabled ??

thanks again for your help.
June

Sorry, that's a bit out of date. Enhance Preview XT is a commercial product, and a 'lite' version used to ship with Quark 4. Now it has to be purchased from
Even then, I don't know if it works with imported PDFs, it's more a bitmap enhancer, such as TIFFs. Personally, I wouldn't spend money on it. Instead, if I needed full resolution proofs off a non-postscript printer, I would create a PDF from the Quark document, and print from Acrobat Reader. It might be a little inconvenient, but full resolution previews can be very slow to work with!

Enhance Preview XT for version 4 of Quark doesn't work with version 5 anyway so like blueark said don't spend money on this one.

Tony Perkins

Sorry to tag on to such an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some information about how Quark handles files sent to print on a non-postscript printer? Some of the images seem to come out perfectly, and others come out looking like snow storms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back