Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full PN versus PN Agent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo29

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
CH
We are in the rolllout of MetaFrame XPe german to all our clients (about 250).
But for me it's not clear, which client is better.
The Full Program Neighborhood?
Or the Program Neighborhood Agent?
I was asking me, what solution is more usefull and/or stable for the clientside.

Any feedback is welcome!

regards
Ralf

In my opinion the original Program Neighborhood is the method of choice, purely because PNAgent is still a new product. However, I have had no difficulties in my tests and am considering a trial among a few pilot users to see which is preferred.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but what does the PNAgent run under? Is it java based? We have a couple of WYSE 1200LE units that state that they use PNLite. Is that yet a different version? Thanks for any responses to help me clear the air.

*J*

This is an original statement from an PDF-document, which you find under:

and here is the definition of PNLite:

PNLite is a connection mode that allows you to connect to an NFuse enabled Citrix server and obtain a list of published applications that you can connect to.
In this mode, you do not have to manually configure each ICA connection, but a list of published applications will be 'pushed' (made available) to your client device.
Connect to any published application in that list by double-clicking on an entry.

hope you see now clear.

regards
Ralf

Someone correct if I am wrong but I think if you would like to use Content Redirection you need to utilize PNAgent.

I like PNAgent it made it quite easy for users who kept screwing up and not typing in the right password in windows clients. They still were able to get into Citrix.

Good Luck,
Steve

Hi,

This is just IMHO, but PNAgent kicks ass. This is optimal choice if You want to think about those poor end users. Easy to install, easy to use. It is definetly easier than loggin through the NFuse webpage or full ica client.

-Duudson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back