Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full Package Creation. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Housemartins

IS-IT--Management
Oct 7, 2002
SK
Hi everyone!
The consultants of the company that supports JDE for us told us that every time we go for a new full package, the client should turn into an error but we have to ignore it, since that's the way it goes from sp 18.01 and above..It always says "Completed with errors" on the client, but it is ok actually..
Sounds wierd and I wanted to know if it is true..

Check the build logs. They can be found at the following locations:

CLIENT BUILDS:
\\DeploymentServer\JDEdwardsOneWorld\B73x\Environment\PACKAGE\PackageName

In here you will find a BuildError.txt This is your TAM report.

Go one level deeper into the WORK directory to find the BUILDLOG.TXT. This is you main log file.

Your SERVER logs will be at:
\\EnterpriseServer\JDEdwardsOneWorld\ddp\B73x\Packages\PackageName

SVRBUILD.LOG will be here.

If all of these logs are OK, but you PDF still says errors, I'd contact JDE (PeopleSoft *yech*) directly and have them help you find the errors, or else have your consultants give you a better explanation beside "well it just does that." In my experience, that means someone else told them that and they were too lazy to look it up for themselves.

Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

House... tell them they are stoned...(to be PC)

if your getting completed with errors....means part of the build is not compiling correctly

Lead, Follow of get the %&*#%$ out of the way !!

Not true. There was an issue with SP18 through SP19.1 where the spec count for GBRSPEC wasn't matching on the client build even though the actual file was complete and ok. This caused the PDF to show that the build was not successful. This was fixed and if you are now on a SP20 or higher, you should not be seeing this anymore. If you are still having an error in your builds and you can verify that it is not related to this particular issue, you should open a call with PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back