Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

puttin22

MIS
Nov 11, 2002
US
I have a Dell running ME with a 9 gig hd. It is not connected to the internet and it is not used for much of anything. The problem is that it is showing that the 9 gig HD is full. I uninstalled everything that I am not using, but it only brought it down about half a gig. I don't know what to try next.

Thanks

Have you run scan disk or defrag recently? DO you have alot of photos etc? Are you running a anti-virus program, although it is not connected to the net, you could still transfer viruses from floppies. What other programs besides ME is on it, i.e. Office, photoshop etc?

What is taking up all that space? If it's "hardly used for anything" then you should be able to delete or uninstall lots of stuff. It occurs to me that ME has a system restore function that can take up half the space on the drive. If you disable that you should get a lot of space back. If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

Thank you for your help. I am going to disable the system restore.

or buy a 40 gig at staples on sale this week for $59.99.Your computer will run faster cause the hdd will be less clogged.your existing hdd is probably a 5200 rpm hdd while the new Maxtors are 7200 rpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back