Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full backups of Exchange 2000 works; incrementals don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbicher

MIS
Jun 13, 2002
US
I'm having a problem with the backups of my Exchange 2000 server with Arcserve 2000. My weekly full backups succeed but my daily incrementals do not. I do not know why. It doesn't give an error, it just says "Check Out - Make up node item: dbexchis".

As a little background, I also have an Exchange 5.5 server that I back up on the same job with no problems.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Hi
First you need to disable circilar loging from exchange,
To run incremental backup in exchange right click on ex agent and select incremental backup option.

Hope this help
Regards
Mohamdr

I saw your post here- I'm having a problem even getting the Backup Agent for Exchange working- I'm backing up with ARCServe 2000 on another server that the Exchange 5.5 server (which is not a PDC or BDC). I was able to successfully install the Agent, but I can't get the Backup Server to successfully log in to the Exchange server to perform Bricks Level backups- Any ideas?

Let me know.

Steve

Well, unfortunately it is still not backing up the incremental back ups. Circular logging is disabled and I selected Incremental from the Agent option. Again, no errors, just doesn't back up. My weekend full back up was good.

You may want to make sure that your exchange agent is at the latest build levels and that it's build levels are consistent with your ARCserve server.

g

They are both at SP3, which they have been. This used to work.

I looked at to Agent log file that is on the Exchange Server and it says "Exceeded Maximum Memory Per Connection" for each day that the incremental doesn't run. I hope that makes sense to somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back