Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujtisu cobol 6.1 WEB Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREDX

Programmer
Dec 3, 2001
US
Is anyone in this wide world using and makeing the Fujtisu Cobol WEB development work. I've been trying for over a month and nothing is working. Fujitsu Help team don't seem to be able to solve my problem.

Fred Patterson
fpatters@email.usps.gov

I have trying FUJITSU COBOL since 1998 and until now I
cannot trust on it. Each version (3, 4.0, 4.2, 5, 6) that
I have tested have specific problems and version 6 - the
most complete and expensive, have one terrible license control. In fact, my version claim 5 times for dummy reinstalls (CD request, etc...) for nothing. May be due to ME bugs too... A clean reinstallation need KILL and special help from ADTOOLS for liberation of the licence.
For more, dav3d @ usa.net

I do not use Fujitsu Cobol for WEB but I tested it in version 5 and it worked.
What's your problem ?

I've tried both Fujitsu WEB samples in version 5.0 and 6.1 both give the save results.
Data put on the input page is not transfters to the output page. I'm running on a Windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0. There could be something I'm not doing correctly but both samples were Fujitsu produced.

In the example cgismp01 (ver. 5) you have 2 htm files : sample01.htm and sample01_1.htm.

In sample01.htm when you click "OK" button, cgismp01.exe is executed.
This cobol program read the value of the input you made in sample01.htm and display the form sample01_1.htm with the value of sample01.htm.

After the click on the "OK" button on sample01.htm, do you see sample01_1.htm ?

I've compile and executed the program cgismp01 and the correct page sample01_htm is displayed afterI click ok but no data is passed through from the input page to the output page. Every thing seems to work ok but on data is passing through the program.
I also used the web wizzard with same results, no data is passing through the program. Don't know what's wrong.

Fredx

Hi Frendx;
This is probably a Http error and/or your sample01.htm is being cached in the I.E. Tools>Temporary internet file>settings folder with an older html version. You need to add a pre html file to verify your server paths are correct PRIOR to invoking a more complicated process such as CGI calls.
Create a &quot;KISS&quot; Simple html page with only this line <p><a href=&quot; c:*\cgismp01)/sample01.htm</a></p>
example <a href=&quot; Add @CBR_ATTACH_TOOL=test to your cobol85.cbr file to start debugging cgismp01.exe till problem is solved.
Start your IIS with alias_path having execute,read,write,Script Source Access permissions.
Start your Simple.html page, click the link? If your IIS is set up properly you will get Sample01.htm
else your problem is your server setup and/or path.
If above works invoke sample01.htm and you should get the fujitsu debugger prompt
else
hit back on I.E. and right click to view source and check ACTION=&quot;Http*&quot; is the same as your Simple.html page path as a older cached file could be appearing because windows will search for any Html page named Sample01_1.htm, however you want the Sample01_01.htm that is called by your Cgismp01.exe file via HTTP protocol.
Else if you upgraded from 4, 5 to 6 your *.001 may have an invalid path to an old *.lib (a *.lni link info file) will be created, and/ or you could have an older cobw3 or *.lib path.
I also had to reinstall 6.1 recently because of a virus and I asked them to please give us a hardware doogle like my lightwave6 or I would go back to MicroFocus. However with CICS, .net, and multimedia advantages I will stay with them hoping their COBOL cgi will be a standard.
Nice to find a Fujitsu forum.
Mike.

oops!! change <;/a> to ;</a>(invalid html tag)
change Sample01_01.htm to Sample01_1.htm
Thanks Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back