Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fujitsu powercobol

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardcoder

Programmer
Feb 2, 2004
GB
Hi guys,

Is there an easy way to make powercobol think that the return-key is the tab-key using the cobol.cbr file.

I like using the enter key to go around a page (just like the old DOS days) and it is much easier on the fingers when entering numbers.

Many thanks,

Mike

Create a "Return" event for each field in the form, and in that event code:
INVOKE your_next_control_name "SetFocus".

This is one way. There may be another one(s).

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Frederico,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to get away from having to code this on overy field in the complete suite of modules.

I am sure there is a way it can be coded in the cobol.cbr but I am not sure how.

Kindest Regards,

Mike

Should we assume you will not need a "RETURN" key at all in this application?

Sorry to confuse you guys.

I have a application that uses alot of data input, so instead of pressing the tab-key every time to go from field to field, it would be more sensible to use the enter-key and not the tab-key.

I want the system to think that when the enter-key is pressed, it thinks it is the tab-key and moves to the next field in the tab order.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back