Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujitsu PowerCobol compiler error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantar

MIS
Jan 17, 2003
US
I am using PowerCobol version 7, and I was compiling a program that I've compiled many times before, including earlier today, and suddenly I'm getting the message:

"Create Type Library for compilation...

** The build has failed **

I've tried everything I can think of, including restoring a backup, and still the same. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Danny B

dantar,
Check thru the scriptlets for an object that doesn't have a property with it. Example: textbox called tbName looks like this
Move tbName to ws-name.
should look like this
Move "Text" of tbName to ws-name.

This is the only time I have found the build failed message without giving a line number or code.

bawstl

Dantar,

bawstl is right.
One of the last thing you did, get mad the precompiler.
take a look at the .cob file generated by the precompiler
(you can find it in the dll folders inside your project);
Last lines are usually where it became mad; look for something wrong.
bye.

Erminio

Thanks, guys, for your advice. If it happens again, I'll check it out.

In the meantime, I created a new empty project file (ppj) and copied each form from the old project into the new. It then compiled and built perfectly. I'm not sure what might have been wrong other than some sort of corruption in the original ppj, but it works now just as it should.

Thanks again for your responses.

Danny B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back