Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujitsu MPG series HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzeled

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
US
I am new to this forum and was wondering if anybody here could help me.
My situation is that i have 3 fujitsu MPG3xxx hard drives and one of them is not detected in BIOS.  The failed drive spins, seeks, and appears to be ready to read and write; however, the drive is not seen. I have tried swapping the print cicuit board from the two good ones, but no success, hard drive does the sme thing. At the same time i have tried the bad drives print circuit board on the good drive and the print circuit board test good. Weird! Is there anybody here that has found a solution to this problem?? I know that the Fujisu MPG series has a faulty chipset, but is there a way around the chip problem? Any help would be appriciated.  

Hello,

Your drive is no use to you any more. Try Fujitsu for a warranty replacement, that is your only choice. If you need the data back you are looking at arount £400 for recovery by a Pro company. Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus
Magnus frater spectat te...

The Fujitsu failures are well known and the data is able to be recovered in most cases, but not by swapping the controller board. I have been doing these recoveries with a very high success rate since 2002. Visit if you are interested.

Alan

The guys from databe.com clearly explain situation with swapping boards on Fujitsu Drive, you can read their article at in "Technical detailes" section.

I did not dare to change board and sent my Fujitsu MPG3409AT and they fixed it for 200, not opening the drive.
All data are good on both of my two partitions, but I don't know, if it worth to keep this drive. What chance if it crushed again?

OMG........ They are over the top! You can change PCB's on most makes of HDD you just need the correct firmware REV, if you trying to find a PCB to match try and click on the live link to their sales.. They will be able to help ;o)

BTW MPG 30gb and 40Gb can be exchanged with other PCB from same firmware rev and model number 8o)))

Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus
Magnus frater spectat te...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back