Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujitsu COBOL V4 under WinXP Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

waycon

Technical User
Sep 4, 2002
US
I have Fujitsu COBOL V4. It came free with a book, "Mastering COBOL" written by Carol Baroudi.

It worked great on NT4, but I have upgraded to XP Pro and cannot install the COBOL software. I ran Microsoft's Application Compatibility Tool utility and it made 19 fixes to the setup.exe file on the install CD, but I can still not install the software.

The installation process continues to ask me to install SP3. All suggestions appreciated.

Waycon

Thanks Dimandja! I missed seeing that on Futitsu's support page.

Okay, I still have an NT box. Suppose I create a simple V4 COBOL program. What's the chance of it running on XP?

Waycon

>Suppose I create a simple V4 COBOL program. What's the chance of it running on XP?

In theory, an executable compiled on NT, should run on XP. COBOL's runtime, if you need one, might develop a compatibility problem.

I was searching for solutions to a program I was writing.
The solution to the Fujitsu problem is pretty simple. When get ready to install COBOL right click the Autorun file, select properties, then compatability, choos Widows 95 apply. Should install and run fine.

Thanks sphil64! The compatibility mode is something I didn't know about WinXP. The software installed perfectly in the NT 4.0 compatability mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back