Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujitsu and Pervasive 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMCAT

MIS
Jan 5, 2001
US
Does anyone have any experience in using Fujitsu COBOL 97 and the Pervasive SQL 2000 data base engine?. I am able to connect and issue SQL commands to a data base on my local C: drive with no problems. However, when I try to connect to an ODBC driver using the Pervasive Client engine to access a data base on my Novell server it fails, keeps giving me 'EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION' error message.

Tomcat,

Nope.. Not yet anyway...

But, I will list a few things that might help...

Do you have sufficient rights on the netware volume?

Does your ODBC driver need to login to your netware volume before it attempts the DB connect?

The Pervasive Client engine (ODBC) driver, may not work with your version of Novell.
There have been many pathces to fix bugs between Novell and Windows (of all flavors).

Could be just a ODBC bug.. (Most drivers seem to be full of them)

Novell and Windows are like husband and wife...(nothing follows).

Let me know what you find... Will be dealing with this pretty soon...

Thanks..

Rasi,

One thing that I did not mention is that the connection
works great when I am in DEBUG mode, all SQL commands
work fine. The connection fails when I click on the .EXE
from Explorer and attempt to run in normal mode. Since
it works fine in debug mode I assume my Novell rights are
ok and the ODBC is working. The question is what could
the debugger be doing to make it work, maybe executing
slower?

I finally figured it out. The problem was with my PATH=
statement in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file of Windows, it was pointing to some old btrieve files causing some problems. When Fujitsu installs it loads some old btrieve dll's and these get in the path, you need to change your path or move these old dll's somewhere out of the path so the system won't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back