Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fujistsu Lifebook C1020 BSOD Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadanis

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
GB
Hi All

Hope some one can help. Basically I've got a FS Lifebook C1020, OS WinXP Pro SP2. A couple of days ago I started getting BSOD everytime it booted and the system would restart making it impossible to get into windows.

I eventually managed to access it through safe mode and ran through virus checks and a system restore but to no avail (no viruses and the restore didn't help).

I bit the bullet and decided to do a complete OS rebuild from the OEM disks. This seemed to be going well but then the BSOD appeared and crashed the setup. Now everytime the PC is rebooted the setup tries to reinitialise then hits the BSOD. Its this vicious circle I cant seem to break. Anyone got any ideas??

All suggestions welcome
;-)serious ones anyway, I've already thought about 10th storey windows and accidents with 10lb lump hammers ;-)

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Appears to be a hardware problem.

What is the exact text in the BSOD?

Often it is RAM. You might try removing any extra memory you have access to and run it on one stick of RAM. if it is not the RAM it may be some other hardware or the motherboard itself. It could also be the processor or video.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

It could also be a bad HD.
That's why it's important to post the BSOD instead of wasting time and effort by just guessing.

Sorry to have taken so long to reply. Been a mental week.

The BSOD flashes past so quick during the crash that i can't be specific on the error.

If anyone knows a way to pause on this I'd be grateful otherwise it'll take a little while to figure it out.

Thanks for all the posts so far.

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

See if the Pause key works.

Tried that already and the BSOD still flashes past. Gonna take it home this w/e to have a play. Maybe i'll have the error down on paper by monday :eek:S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back