Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManchesterChris

Technical User
May 23, 2002
GB
I'm having some difficulties using FTP via my ISA server. I have setup a protocol rule to allow all protocols and a site and content rule to allow all destinations. When I try to access any FTP site I cant gain access. Any ideas gratefully received.

R u getting a "connection timed out" kind of response when conneting?? R u trying to publish a ftp server? or simply connect to one?

T [afro][gorgeous][afro2]

i'm having the same problem too. i get an 'error creating a data socket'. any ideas ? please save me

'error creating a data socket' <-- Try pressing F1 with ur ftp client .. do a search and let me know what the explaination is for it. (Sorry I don't have a ftp client installed on my comp.. too lazy to put one in).

I can't remember if that has something to do with connecting or not.

T

This may not be the problem in your situation, but when having problems with FTP, I often have found that it is necessary to switch from PORT mode to PASV mode, or vice-versa on the FTP client software.

How are your ISA clients set-up?
SecureNAt clients of Firewall clients?

Generally, if you are using snat clients behind the isa, you will need to use the app filters, even still the high port return packets from th ftp session are most likely being blocked by the server itself. You should be able to install the firewall client on the machines and get it going.

otherwise create secondary connections for the ftp protocol definitions like inbound 1024>65whatever from the source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back