Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpeshh

MIS
Feb 10, 2002
US
Hi,
Anyone can help me. I would like to create a user in FTP but not on root directory i.e. C:\Inetpub\Ftproot but under subdirectory say xyz. I want user when ftp should connect to the subdirectory not to the root directory. How to configure it. Any help will be appreciated.

--admin

change the Home Directory setting in the Default FTP site in IIS, or create a new site...

Create a virtual directory, by HIghlighting the default site and Going to action-->New->Virtual Directory (pointing this directory wherever you want) A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

Thanks guys for all your help. I have created the virtual directory. How do i give user permission?

--admin

BY going into the folder (windows explorer) of that virtual directory, and doing just the same you would do with any other folder..Right click-->properties -->security A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

Keep fighting for your knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back