Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ftp with windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gguzina

Technical User
Jan 6, 2006
BA
Hi All,

I have problems (NIU2 get blocked) while using ftp on win xp. If I use the same NIU2 and the same ftp client, but on win2k or win98se, the file transfer works fine. I tried to use MDDT for file transfer and I got the same results as with ftp clients using w98se, w2k and win XP. Any suggestion for win xp settings?

I'm using Windows XP but no problem for me. I did nothing special.

I have a customer with WinXP and the NIU locking up from ftp. We solved it by using MDDT

Thanks for the comments guys.
The firewall is off. Particularly, when I try to copy the rel directory as a backup, the file transfer gets stuck on S1/Loo1. Other files are okay during the transfer. Same thing is if I copy daily log files from CIL. Approximatelly, every fifth or sixth ftp transfer (CIL) couses NIU2 block.

some questions:

- what firmware has the NIU2?
- are you using a VPN solution on the computer that executes the FTP session? (it causes blocking of transfer of big files, we observed this with checkpoint secure client)

some tips:

NIU is really sensitive about network traffic, which causes the board to block (no ping).
FTP stack is not so stable on older versions!

<my 2ç>

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Thanks Daddy,
I am aware that I have an older FW (5A), but I had the same problem on other, even newer releases (10A - 13A). Will flash it with some newer FW... In any case, there is a solution with W98 or W2K, but requires two PCs or dual boot...

Makabuko,
I tried that too...

Cheers to All...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back