Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP w/ DW4 changes modified date/time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZollerWagner

Technical User
Apr 18, 2001
US
I'm having trouble with FTP in DW4 in that when I use PUT, GET, or Synchronize to upload or download files, the file's date modified attribute changes. With one host it changes 5 hours later than current time. With others hosts it changes the time to my current time.

In the one download I tried, only some of the times changed (to current time) but the times on the host remained unchanged; for the other files downloaded to my computer at the same time, the times stayed as they were before the download. (A sequential block were unchanged, then a block were changed, and a third block of them were unchanged--all in the same download.)

This happens with some of my Web hosts and not with others (or maybe it's not consistent but will do it with all hosts). It happens with two different computers (ones I upload/download from). with uploads, after the date changes on the host, it also changes on my computer, too. With downloads, the change is only on my computer, and only on some files.

Any idea of what's happening and how to prevent it? Is this a problem with DW4?

The main problem with this is it destroys the indication of when I last worked on a file.

Hello all,
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem with DW (4 and MX) and I can't find a solution anywhere. I'm ftping to my own server (FreeBSD) and I know the time and time zone are set correctly on both the server and my pc.
Does anyone have a clue on this?

Having the same problem here, and it affects the Synchronize option, as it always flags the server as having "newer" versions, when in fact they are older.

"I am never wrong, just better educated

Hello,
I just thought I'd re-post here because I'm STILL having a problem with this. Obviously others are, too.

I just wish someone has an idea what to do about this.

I feel like it has something to do a time zone setting, like the server feels the need to adjust the GMT offset or something. But what is baffling is that the time stamp of the file on my local hard drive AND the remote drive changes when I upload a file to the server. The remote one should change to the time of the local, but instead they BOTH change. This is pure magic to me. (I'm not talking about syncronizing here, this happens when I choose PUT)

So when I save multiple changes in one day, I get warnings "the file on the server is newer than the one you are trying to save" Which is crap. Plus I can't syncronize.

I'd appreciate any ideas, advice, encouragement.

Sincerely, Max Vincent
Maxatronic Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back