Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP version and access problem 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadan

Programmer
Apr 19, 2004
IT
Hi all!
I've just install sco 5.0.6, and into this release I have the WU-FTP verson 2.6.1. If I try to make an ftp connection I have few probls with some ftp client programs (like for example the "RunFtp" from PowerTerm). If I try to make an ftp connection into dos or into unix/linux I don't have any probls.

I have also some 5.0.5 machines with WU-FTP 2.1 and I don't have any problems. I connect these servers with ftp 100%

Is the config. of 2.6.1 "broken" ?

Could someone tell me how to downgrade the WU-FTP from 2.6.1 to 2.1 (so I resolve all my problems) ?

Many thanks

Hi all

Francesco "Tadan"

Francesco Cabigliera "Tadan"
----------------------------
Italiano Amateur Radio Station
----------- IW3IDS ---------
On Echolink - APRS Active

I have few probls with some ftp client programs"

what sort of problems?

Hi!
When I connect my client into sco where's the 2.6.1 WU-FTP version, I don't view anything! Auth is ok but I don't view anything! . If I try to connect usin' a ftp dos connection, ftp work 100%!

If I try to connect into a sco where there's the 2.1 WU-FTP, I don't have any problems!

The 2.6.1 WU-FTP version has some bugs?Is there the possiblity to eliminate the problem, or there's the possibility to downgrade from 2.6.1 to 2.1 version?

Hi all!
ciao ciao :)

Francesco "Tadan"

Couple of things you might check...

ftpacess file should have the appropriate users in/out of it.

Are you seeing any errors in your /usr/adm/syslog or messages logs? These might indicate an error with setup. Something to check on would be:

[afro2]

As I recall, when I was setting up ftp on 5.0.6 I ran into a bug in the installed patches, and ended up restoring the pre-patched copy of ftp to fix the problem. This was a problem with the 506a patch.

Hi all! :D

[cite on]
As I recall, when I was setting up ftp on 5.0.6 I ran into a bug in the installed patches, and ended up restoring the pre-patched copy of ftp to fix the problem. This was a problem with the 506a patch.
[cite off]

Pls how can I resotring the pre-patched copy of ftp? Could U give me some support! :)

Many tnx

Ciao :)
Francesco

man custom

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Whenever a patch is installed, the OS makes a backup of the replaced system files so that the patch can be rolled back to its previous version.

To roll back one file out of the entire package do a search for that file with "find", and replace the live version of the file with the patch backup (make sure you get the symbolic links correct).

!!!WARNING!!!: Modifying or replacing any system file manually like this can have unpredictable results, so be sure to make your own backups and keep good notes in case you have to undo the replacement. If you run a software verification after replacing a system file it might report an error for the file version.

P.S. I checked the version of my current ftp executable, and it is the RSA patch version, not the original install version, so I may have been recalling a problem back on 5.0, not on 5.6 (I upgraded around the same time I was setting ftp up).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back