Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP - used find first once .. can I use it multi times via connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecniv

Programmer
Nov 18, 2002
EU
Hi,

I have some code I wrote which will allow you to do things until you do a ftpfindfirst/ftpfindnext. Once I encounter the error 18 - no more files and send an internetclosehandle on the search I try to do anything else and it complains saying there is an ftp connection already active and processing.

What I want to know is
- can you only use the connection once per action
- can you only use ftpfindfirst/next once per connection of ftp - ie I would have to reconnect each time I want a listing
- is there a really helpful page online discussing and explaining the ftp connections via vb/vba
(not ms site not useful and not allapi.net either as this is just ms with a different view.)

Another thread I read here
thread713-429121 posted this is VBForums too, but there wasn't any replies.

Vince

Turned out to be the code for closing the handle. Although it was right, something must have happened during cut n paste because I re0cut n pasted the code and it works fine.

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back