Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FTP Task Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlager

Programmer
Sep 1, 2006
US
I have an SSIS package that starts with an FTP task that downloads all files in a remote directory to a local folder using a wildcard... The remote directory will sometimes have files in it and sometimes not.

The package runs fine when files are in the remote directory, however if the package runs when there are no files in the remote directory, the step fails stating the remote file was not found.

If there are no files in the remote directory, I'd like the task to just continue and not error out, as that just means there are no files to process.

Can someone point me in the right direction, my only though is to do a script task first that connects to the FTP site and gets a file count or something.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I don't work with FTP tasks a lot but have you tried changing the "Stop on Failure" option in the FTP Task Editor to "False".

I have another package running where I used a Script Task first to check to see if the file existed in the directory and from there I designed what tasks would execute if the file did not exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back